Monday, May 4, 2009

Whew . . . another semester down, more than ten left to go!

As I complete the spring semester and have one week off between the Spring Semester and the Summer I Session (my undergrad institution has two summer sessions) I realize that while this last semester was very challenging, and kept me very busy, it was a rewarding experience that I can walk away from feeling a sense of accomplishment. My lowest grade was a 93% A. Something I feel very proud of. Especially since it was a class that going into, I felt like it was over my head. Its just such a great sense of empowerment to know that I tackled something a little out of my comfort zone.

Aside from learning a lot, and earning all "A's" I was also chosen to speak at my school's public speaking competition, where I presented my speech on the importance of reporting occurrences of animal abuse (I won at the preliminary level and then advanced on to finals). I also researched and wrote an essay on capital punishment (I think it turned out great!).

So here's to another challenging upcoming semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment